About Me

My Photo
Initially diagnosed June 4, 2009 Invasive Ductal Carcinoma Stage II,Grade II tumor size: 2-3 cm node positive ER/PR postive HER2 Neu - negative Current Diagnosis: Metastatic Invasive Ductal Carcinoma Grade 3 Mets: Scalp/skin, Liver, Spine, Bone ER/PR + HER2/NEU -

Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Insurance Nightmares

Well, here I am approaching my 1 year cancer checkup. Unfortunately, it appears it's going to have to be postponed. The COBRA has ended and we haven't managed to get everything together for the Texas High Risk Pool yet.

I absolutely despise applying for government related programs. This paperwork is really a hassle because you have to get your employer, your spouses employer, your oncologist AND your previous insurance company to all submit forms/letters to prove you are eligible. In addition to this, you have to fill out a form showing every medication and every doctors visit you've had in the past 6 months.

Once you get everything together and finally submit it, you get to pay $500+ a month depending on the deductible you choose. And that is just for me! Jesse and Katie will have to try to get private insurance somewhere, I guess. I just keep hoping I'll get on permanently at Compucom before we go broke trying to keep my insurance from lapsing. Some days I think it might just be easier to give up and go with JPS (free hospital in Fort Worth for those of you out of state).

Oh yeah, thanks Obama, for nothing!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Disqus for Aymz Blog