About Me

My Photo
Initially diagnosed June 4, 2009 Invasive Ductal Carcinoma Stage II,Grade II tumor size: 2-3 cm node positive ER/PR postive HER2 Neu - negative Current Diagnosis: Metastatic Invasive Ductal Carcinoma Grade 3 Mets: Scalp/skin, Liver, Spine, Bone ER/PR + HER2/NEU -

Search This Blog

Monday, September 15, 2014

Chemo Treatment #5 Completed and Scans Soon

I completed chemo #5 today.  I'm getting pretty used to it and not having a lot of extreme side effects anymore, just a few minor annoying ones like:  clumsiness from probable mild neuropathy in my hands (I can't seem to hold on to anything), numbness tongue, taste issues with several foods, including red meat, and my endurance is extremely diminished.

Next Monday will be my 6th chemo and I will completed two "rounds" of 3 chemo treatments.  The week after, a CT scan will be done.  This scan will give us an idea of whether the chemo is working.  The results will show that the tumors on the previous scan (the one I did before the first chemo) have either shrunk or progressed.


If the tumors are all shrinking, they will continue the trial and the treatment, and the cycle will repeat: two rounds of chemo treatments, followed by a scan.  Those of us in the metastatic world refer to this as: scan, treat, repeat. I will also continue on the trial drug.

If the tumors are progressing, they will stop the treatment and I'll be kicked out of the trial.  If this occurs, it will be the 3rd treatment that has failed.  We will then be back to the drawing board to either find another standard of care treatment or another trial to try to get it under control.

Those who pray, I will take all the prayers I can get!  Those who don't, I'll take those positive vibes/thoughts.  Whatever you got, please send it my way!

All of you have been awesome on the encouragement.  I may not respond to all your positive comments, but they are read and appreciated and they do make a difference when I am having a rough day.  Thank you!

2 comments:

Disqus for Aymz Blog