About Me

My Photo
Initially diagnosed June 4, 2009 Invasive Ductal Carcinoma Stage II,Grade II tumor size: 2-3 cm node positive ER/PR postive HER2 Neu - negative Current Diagnosis: Metastatic Invasive Ductal Carcinoma Grade 3 Mets: Scalp/skin, Liver, Spine, Bone ER/PR + HER2/NEU -

Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Chemo #11 complete

I completed my 11th round of chemo today.  I had my day changed to Tuesday on the weeks I don't have to see the doctor.  Mondays have become rather busy and what should take a couple of hours was becoming an all day ordeal.  The change turned out to be a good one and we were in and out in a much more reasonable amount of time today.  I took my step mother, Christine, with me and enjoyed catching up with her during treatment.  I've only been home a few hours, but other than being a little tired, I'm feeling well.

Thursday, I'm flying out to DC for the advocacy project lead training.  I'm sure I mentioned previously.  I'm looking forward to it, but a little nervous about going alone.  Once I get there, I have an assigned roommate who is going to be in the same program.  I haven't met her yet, but think it will be nice to meet another like minded person who wants to make things better for those who have this crappy disease.  Christine Benjamin, from SHARE where I'll be volunteering soon as a helpline person, will be there also, along with some others from her organization.

Sunday, I'll be returning to DFW around 5ish and driving down to Houston so we can get on our cruise.  The cruise leaves Monday morning out of Galveston.  I'm really looking forward to it.

Scans to see how the trial and chemo are working are not going to be required until January.  I'm relieved and annoyed both by this.  It means I don't have to deal with it until after the holidays, but I'll still worry because I won't have scans to tell me it's working.  Always something to worry about with this disease I guess.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Disqus for Aymz Blog