About Me

My Photo
Initially diagnosed June 4, 2009 Invasive Ductal Carcinoma Stage II,Grade II tumor size: 2-3 cm node positive ER/PR postive HER2 Neu - negative Current Diagnosis: Metastatic Invasive Ductal Carcinoma Grade 3 Mets: Scalp/skin, Liver, Spine, Bone ER/PR + HER2/NEU -

Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Chemo Put Off For A Week

Chemo has been put off for a week due to my daughter having the flu. She has been running fever for two days with coughing and congestion. I took her in this morning and they confirmed Influenza A, which is most likely Swine Flu. They took a sample from me and mine didn't show flu, but I have had a cough and some fatigue, so they are putting us both on tamiflu. They took a second swab sample and are sending both off to CDC for confirmation. We should know for sure in about a week. I haven't talked to the nurse over there to find out if it's a big concern for me with my immune system being strained from the chemo, but I have a call in and should know more later.

Katie is doing well. She has her energy and is going stir crazy having to be stuck in the house and limited on what I will let her do. How is it that kids can get so sick and still have all that energy? You would think a 100 degree fever would wear her out!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Disqus for Aymz Blog