About Me

My Photo
Initially diagnosed June 4, 2009 Invasive Ductal Carcinoma Stage II,Grade II tumor size: 2-3 cm node positive ER/PR postive HER2 Neu - negative Current Diagnosis: Metastatic Invasive Ductal Carcinoma Grade 3 Mets: Scalp/skin, Liver, Spine, Bone ER/PR + HER2/NEU -

Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Dreading Chemo

Enjoying my last day of freedom, but my anxiety level is high. I'm dreading starting the new round of chemo tomorrow. According to the nurse, the worst side effect is nausea. We spent the last few days moving to the master bedroom which has a bathroom attached. We had been using the larger bedroom in the house, but decided the one with the bathroom would be nice to use during this time. I spent an hour or so cleaning up the bathroom and making sure it was spotless so it wouldn't be too unpleasant if I had to spend a lot of time there.

The bedroom looks nice now. We pulled out the carpet and padding and put down wood laminate. I haven't had a chance to paint it yet, but I am planning on doing that during my good weeks. I'm thinking I'll decorate it in a nautical theme since we have a lot of nautical style items leftover from the main bath's makeover that aren't in use. We got all our furniture moved into there yesterday and slept in there last night.

We picked up some beds for the dogs today and we are going to try to get them to sleep in the beds rather than on the bed with us. I think we'll all sleep better if we can achieve this.

Anyhow, I guess I'll spend the rest of the night stressing out about the chemo tomorrow. I'm sure it will turn out to be less of a big deal than I build it up to be, but I can't help but worry. I'm sure it will be a restless night for me. If I'm not hugging the toilet tomorrow, I'll write an entry and let everyone know how it went.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Disqus for Aymz Blog