About Me

My Photo
Initially diagnosed June 4, 2009 Invasive Ductal Carcinoma Stage II,Grade II tumor size: 2-3 cm node positive ER/PR postive HER2 Neu - negative Current Diagnosis: Metastatic Invasive Ductal Carcinoma Grade 3 Mets: Scalp/skin, Liver, Spine, Bone ER/PR + HER2/NEU -

Search This Blog

Friday, February 12, 2010

Snow and Updates

I spent Wednesday at the JPS Cancer center off Terrell street advocating for a friend of mine. She has Melanoma and is really having a hard time with Interferon. Her side effects are severe and I wanted to go with her and talk to her oncologist and see if we could find her some more options. If you pray, please be praying for Melissa. She is only 29 years old and has two kids. She needs strength to make it through, and to find a chemo option that she can handle. I had her oncologist check into clinical trials. I need to go pick up the 5 they found Monday.

We had about 12 inches of snow here yesterday. For those of you out of state, this broke the record for the most snow Texas has ever had since they started recording weather data. I was feeling pretty good and went out and tried to help Katie build a snowman. I tired out pretty quickly though. But at least I got to get out and join the fun for a change! Pictures of us having fun in the snow are here: http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=150973&id=524167895&l=9446b308f8

Last night I couldn't sleep. The Hydrocodone seems to wire me, but if I don't take it, I have too much pain to sleep. Not sure what to do about that. I finally fell asleep about 4am this morning out of pure exhaustion. Today I'm a little tired, and my incision is really itchy and sore. The constant pressure is really beginning to bother me. I only have about 4 more days though and I'm sure I'll manage to make it through it. I REALLY hope they can take out the drain Tuesday.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Disqus for Aymz Blog