About Me

My Photo
Initially diagnosed June 4, 2009 Invasive Ductal Carcinoma Stage II,Grade II tumor size: 2-3 cm node positive ER/PR postive HER2 Neu - negative Current Diagnosis: Metastatic Invasive Ductal Carcinoma Grade 3 Mets: Scalp/skin, Liver, Spine, Bone ER/PR + HER2/NEU -

Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Second Chances

I was down in Houston at MD Anderson Friday and I got some good news.  I was told that I would have a second chance to meet the qualifications of the vaccine trial I was interested in previously.  My oncologist at MD Anderson managed to argue that the original baseline scans were not done at MD Anderson, therefore; they did not count.  So a new set of scans will need to be taken as a base line and then 3 months later a second set of scans will be taken to see if the disease has progressed.

They currently have me on the Lupron, the Femera, and XGeva (I believe they are going to approve it, but will find out for sure tomorrow).  This is an attempt to starve my estrogen fed tumors.  I like being off the chemo and am hoping this works for a while.  I did get about 4 years out of Tamoxifen, so maybe I'll get a few out of this one.  When they do the trial, they will just add the vaccine on top of these drugs.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Disqus for Aymz Blog