About Me

My Photo
Initially diagnosed June 4, 2009 Invasive Ductal Carcinoma Stage II,Grade II tumor size: 2-3 cm node positive ER/PR postive HER2 Neu - negative Current Diagnosis: Metastatic Invasive Ductal Carcinoma Grade 3 Mets: Scalp/skin, Liver, Spine, Bone ER/PR + HER2/NEU -

Search This Blog

Monday, March 24, 2014

Local Oncologist Interview

I went in today and met the local oncologist at the Center for Cancer and Blood Disorders.  She recommended many of the things I was never able to convince my old oncologist to do.  She wants me to get a oopherectomy (ovaries removed) instead of staying on Lupron (because the coverage tends to be spotty or wear off near the end of the month), she wanted to see if my insurance would approve xgeva (it didn't, but I had asked and my old oncologist refused to even try it), and she is also pro-trials.  There may be an upcoming trial where they test for and treat Androgen levels.  But for now, we are going to continue the Lupron, Femera, and Zometa (since xgeva was denied).

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Disqus for Aymz Blog