About Me

My Photo
Initially diagnosed June 4, 2009 Invasive Ductal Carcinoma Stage II,Grade II tumor size: 2-3 cm node positive ER/PR postive HER2 Neu - negative Current Diagnosis: Metastatic Invasive Ductal Carcinoma Grade 3 Mets: Scalp/skin, Liver, Spine, Bone ER/PR + HER2/NEU -

Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 22, 2009

MRI

MRI is scheduled for Friday. I should know if the chemo has shrunk the tumor by next week. Again, for those who haven't been reading, if the tumor has shrunk or stayed the same, I'll continue with second round of chemo called FEC. FEC is a combination of three drugs: 5Fluorouracil, Epirubicin and Cyclophosphamide, each with their own side effects. I will have the treatments once every 3 weeks. Symptoms may be more severe.

On the other hand, if the tumor hasn't shrunk, the oncologist thinks I should have surgery. Although I understand her point of view on this, I'm a little apprehensive to do this prior to the second round of chemo. If the tumor is gone, the only way to measure, the second round of chemo's effectivenes, is to wait and see if the cancer comes back.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Disqus for Aymz Blog