About Me

My Photo
Initially diagnosed June 4, 2009 Invasive Ductal Carcinoma Stage II,Grade II tumor size: 2-3 cm node positive ER/PR postive HER2 Neu - negative Current Diagnosis: Metastatic Invasive Ductal Carcinoma Grade 3 Mets: Scalp/skin, Liver, Spine, Bone ER/PR + HER2/NEU -

Search This Blog

Thursday, September 17, 2009

No News Would Have Been Better News

Checked message responses on mymdanderson.org and no response yet from the oncologist. I talked to my oncologist when I went in for chemo today and she said I should wait until after they do the MRI to determine if the tumor has shrunk or not before I make my decision. She also said if I just can't make up my mind, I can always start with the lumpectomy and later decide to do the mastectomy, but I can't do it the other way, so ...

Scratch that.. In the middle of typing this blog entry, I received a phone call from the oncology nurse at MD Anderson. She said that Dr. Pusztai, my oncologist, had read the email I sent and that he said the same thing she did. I would have to make an appointment with him. I explained that, I was currently receiving weekly taxol treatments and that would be impossible. I also explained that I needed to make a decision before the treatments ended. I also explained that I didn't need a consult with an oncologist, I needed to talk to a radiologist, preferably one that would be involved with screening me. She told me that she could not set that up for me. I would need to talk to the screening department. She sent me back to where I started. How frustrating is that? By the time I calmed down enough to take action, it was after 5pm. I went ahead and left a message for my advocate at MD Anderson, Sonja Tucker. Now, I'm waiting for a call from her. Hopefully, I will hear from her in the next few days and she can get this cleared up.

In other news, I received my hats and scarves from www.tlcdirect.org that Christine ordered for me. They are awesome! Thank you Christine! I especially love the scarf. I never thought I'd be a scarf person, but it's so comfortable to wear around the house. I even got brave today and wore it out, in sort of a gypsy style, with big earrings.

Yesterday, I started working on adding some human hair to hats. I picked up the hair fairly cheaply at a little beauty supply in east Fort Worth. It came on a roll, and I believe it is normally what is used to do weaves. My mother gave me some assistance on figuring out the best way to approach this. We spent several hours lining a hat that was scratchy, fighting a cheap sewing machine, and whip stitching some hair into another hat(which will still need one more layer of hair to not look too thin). Thanks Mom! Below are a few pictures showing how it was done and how it looks on me.
Inside Hat

Stitching Detail


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Disqus for Aymz Blog