About Me

My Photo
Initially diagnosed June 4, 2009 Invasive Ductal Carcinoma Stage II,Grade II tumor size: 2-3 cm node positive ER/PR postive HER2 Neu - negative Current Diagnosis: Metastatic Invasive Ductal Carcinoma Grade 3 Mets: Scalp/skin, Liver, Spine, Bone ER/PR + HER2/NEU -

Search This Blog

Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Bone Pain

My neutrophil% was low yesterday(.4 and should be over 1.0) when I went in for my weekly CBC, so I had to get a Neupogen shot. The shot will make my bones produce more white blood cells, which should bring up my neutrophil%. I had to get another one this morning. The shots are thick and burn when they go in. They usually give them in the stomach because there is more fat tissue there, but I managed to talk them into giving it to me in the arm. The Neupogen shots have one major side effect - bone pain. Yesterday I had a little, today I had a lot. My lower back felt like someone hit me with a 2 x 4 until I took an 800 mg Ibuprofen. The Ibuprofen seems to have taken care of it.

I went to see my gastroenterologist today regarding the acid reflux, heart burn and gastroparesis I have been experiencing after this round of chemo. They put me on 40 mg of Nexium TWICE a day, and gave me some Reglan to take as needed for the gastroparesis. I'm hoping it will help make the next chemo treatment easier.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Disqus for Aymz Blog