About Me

My Photo
Initially diagnosed June 4, 2009 Invasive Ductal Carcinoma Stage II,Grade II tumor size: 2-3 cm node positive ER/PR postive HER2 Neu - negative Current Diagnosis: Metastatic Invasive Ductal Carcinoma Grade 3 Mets: Scalp/skin, Liver, Spine, Bone ER/PR + HER2/NEU -

Search This Blog

Monday, October 28, 2013

Heading back home

On the way back from Houston. Only a few things new to report.
The breast oncologist at MD Anderson recommended a pill form chemo drug called Xeloda, and an injection or short infusion drug for bone metastasis, xgeva/zoledronic.  They said I will stay on these drugs as long as they appear to be working.
They did not have any major clinical trials for my specific situation at this time, but asked if I would allow an additional core biopsy of one of the tumors be conducted, in the near future, for a research study they are doing on the genes of these types of tumors.  I agreed to participate.  I'm willing to do anything I can to help with research.
They also mentioned something about a vaccine study.  They said at 3 months after starting the chemo, they will do a scan and at that point, if my tumors are responding to therapy, they would like me to participate in the vaccine study to see if it might be effective in reducing the chance of it coming back.  I agreed to this as well and they will be scheduling that for mid February.
Enough with the boring things,here is the biggest news of all - Chris and Randy have generously offered to pay for me and Jesse to go on a cruise in mid November!  We already have our boarding passes and are really excited.  It's amazing to have such great friends!  Things may be a little tight for a little while due to lack of paid time off, but I think we can figure it out and it will be well worth any hardship to have a few days to relax.   Thank you both for giving us such a wonderful gift! You guys are amazing!  I am truly blessed.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Disqus for Aymz Blog