About Me

My Photo
Initially diagnosed June 4, 2009 Invasive Ductal Carcinoma Stage II,Grade II tumor size: 2-3 cm node positive ER/PR postive HER2 Neu - negative Current Diagnosis: Metastatic Invasive Ductal Carcinoma Grade 3 Mets: Scalp/skin, Liver, Spine, Bone ER/PR + HER2/NEU -

Search This Blog

Monday, December 2, 2013

Feeling Old

Lower back/hip pain is growing increasingly worse.  It is making it fairly difficult to stand up or walk.   When I'm sitting I'm fine.  If I get up to walk after sitting for a while, I have to do it slightly bent over with my behind sticking out until the hip loosens up a little.  Bending over to pick something up or coming back up from a squat are almost impossible.  It's really making me feel old!  I've also got this horrible rash on the back of my neck from the radiation and my scalp is itching like crazy.  I made an appointment with the PA at my oncologist's office tomorrow to discuss options to eliminate the side effects this first round of stuff has caused.


1 comments:

  1. Low back stiffness for me has always been my butt and thigh muscles being too tight. There's one called the piriformis, and it goes at an angle across the glutes. It's pretty small, but when it's tight, it compresses nerves and is just annoying. To stretch it, I put my ankle on the opposite knee, and then pull that knee+ankle to my chest.

    Also, I'll put one leg straight out, and put my other foot on the floor/bed next to it, and then push the bent knee over the straight leg as far as I can. Both of these stretch out and help what makes me do the hunch-back hobble.

    ReplyDelete

Disqus for Aymz Blog