About Me

My Photo
Initially diagnosed June 4, 2009 Invasive Ductal Carcinoma Stage II,Grade II tumor size: 2-3 cm node positive ER/PR postive HER2 Neu - negative Current Diagnosis: Metastatic Invasive Ductal Carcinoma Grade 3 Mets: Scalp/skin, Liver, Spine, Bone ER/PR + HER2/NEU -

Search This Blog

Saturday, November 30, 2013

Last day first cycle

Today is the last day of my first cycle of Xeloda.  I take it twice a day for seven days, then skip seven days and start again.  So far it hasn't been too bad.  I have not experienced any major side effects. 

I have been a little tired, and itchy.  My scalp is extremely itchy.  I'm not sure what is causing this. I've tried a few things too treat dry scalp like using mayonnaise to moisturize my scalp and using a dandruff shampoo (even though I have no signs of dandruff).  I also tried benadryl. None of these things have helped.

I was hoping to see some sign of Xeloda working this first week, but have not been able to physically tell a difference.  I'm going by the way the skin tumors feel, which isn't a very exact method.  I cannot tell that any have reduced in size.

I spent some time this morning trying to find information regarding how long it typically takes Xeloda to start working.  I wasn't able to find any data on this.  I may go back and search through the pubmed study data to see if any thing was recorded regarding response time.  It may take more than one cycle to see or feel results. 

When I go in for my blood tests, they will measure my cancer tumor marker level and if that shows a decrease, it would indicate the drug is working.   There will also be periodic scans where the internal locations will actually be measured and compared to previous scans.  These tests are more exact than me just trying to feel the skin tumors and may show smaller amounts of effectiveness.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Disqus for Aymz Blog