About Me

My Photo
Initially diagnosed June 4, 2009 Invasive Ductal Carcinoma Stage II,Grade II tumor size: 2-3 cm node positive ER/PR postive HER2 Neu - negative Current Diagnosis: Metastatic Invasive Ductal Carcinoma Grade 3 Mets: Scalp/skin, Liver, Spine, Bone ER/PR + HER2/NEU -

Search This Blog

Thursday, July 17, 2014

Doing my research

I've been doing my research as usual and found a nice college level video by a person who worked at Genentech for many years before she came back to teach and experiment.  This video is from 2007 and just gives the basics, but it goes into why blocking the inflammatory response can block cancer growth and metastasis.  If you can get through the parts that seem a little high level and hang in there, she tends to go back and sort of summarize after she gets past all the charts and details and it seemed to catch me up if I got lost or thought I wasn't following well.  I guess I'll be researching what process Anakinra uses to suppress inflammation this weekend for sure.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Disqus for Aymz Blog