About Me

My Photo
Initially diagnosed June 4, 2009 Invasive Ductal Carcinoma Stage II,Grade II tumor size: 2-3 cm node positive ER/PR postive HER2 Neu - negative Current Diagnosis: Metastatic Invasive Ductal Carcinoma Grade 3 Mets: Scalp/skin, Liver, Spine, Bone ER/PR + HER2/NEU -

Search This Blog

Thursday, July 10, 2014

Third Time's A Charm, Right?

Today I completed another session of radiation.  This makes my third time to do 10 days in the past 5 years. Third time's a charm, right? I hope it is, because I'm seriously beginning to wonder if I'm approaching the lifetime maximum radiation exposure. Considering all the CT Scans I've had in the past few months + this radiation session and the two other ones I had previously, I would not be surprised.

I was discharged again with a certificate and a t-shirt.  But when you become a radiation vet, they know you already have the t-shirt, so they offered to give me another t-shirt for a family member or friend.  Jesse was the lucky recipient of my radiation t-shirt.  Congratulations, Jesse!

I'm seriously glad I'm done with the treatments.  The nurse said it will continue to be active for the next two weeks.  This means I won't be eating anything easily until my body kicks in and gets the cells repaired in my throat.  Today I was so hungry, that I bought a hamburger and picked the patty apart into tiny pieces.  It takes forever to eat it that way, but it definitely made me feel better!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Disqus for Aymz Blog