About Me

My Photo
Initially diagnosed June 4, 2009 Invasive Ductal Carcinoma Stage II,Grade II tumor size: 2-3 cm node positive ER/PR postive HER2 Neu - negative Current Diagnosis: Metastatic Invasive Ductal Carcinoma Grade 3 Mets: Scalp/skin, Liver, Spine, Bone ER/PR + HER2/NEU -

Search This Blog

Monday, May 3, 2010

Last Full Breast Treatment

I had my last FULL breast treatment today. Starting tomorrow they will only be doing with they call "boosts". Boosts are where they only radiate the area where the tumor was. During full breast radiation, they were treating the entire breast. There were 3 different positions the machine had to move through in order to hit the breast from different angles. During the boosts, I'll only have to sit through one.

I've been fortunate and haven't had too much skin damage or side effects so far. My skin is a little red, dry and sensitive, but no worse than mild sunburn might cause. I'm really looking forward to being done! Just seven more treatments...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Disqus for Aymz Blog