About Me

My Photo
Initially diagnosed June 4, 2009 Invasive Ductal Carcinoma Stage II,Grade II tumor size: 2-3 cm node positive ER/PR postive HER2 Neu - negative Current Diagnosis: Metastatic Invasive Ductal Carcinoma Grade 3 Mets: Scalp/skin, Liver, Spine, Bone ER/PR + HER2/NEU -

Search This Blog

Thursday, January 23, 2014

Finding Your Inner Strength

I often use the analogy that having cancer is like being in a convenient store robbery.  You've got a gun to your head and you have to do what you have to do to stay alive and make it through the situation. You don't really have a choice, you just do what you have to do to survive. 


I like this picture that was posted by my aunt who has her own difficult battles, and thought I'd share it here.  It's very true when facing a crisis of any type, that after you get past your initial shock, something seems to kick in and you find that inner strength you need to endure.  The survival instinct, I guess, just kicks in and you are surprised when people talk about how strong you are.  

With time and effort, you suddenly become that person that you always envied for their strength and perseverance.  If I could offer one bit of wisdom to you, find this now, don't waste time dwelling in the negative, the sooner you get past that, the better.  Surround yourself with those who lift you up and not those who pull you down.  Seek out people with strength and ask them how they got there.  I feel like I'm here, and I know if I can get here, you can too!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Disqus for Aymz Blog