About Me

My Photo
Initially diagnosed June 4, 2009 Invasive Ductal Carcinoma Stage II,Grade II tumor size: 2-3 cm node positive ER/PR postive HER2 Neu - negative Current Diagnosis: Metastatic Invasive Ductal Carcinoma Grade 3 Mets: Scalp/skin, Liver, Spine, Bone ER/PR + HER2/NEU -

Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Chemo #3 Completed

It's 3:44 am Tuesday morning and I couldn't sleep, so I thought I'd post about today's treatment.  I'm still on the trial and giving myself shots every day.  I'm starting to get local allergic reactions every time I do it now.  They say it's OK to continue and not a big deal.  They advised me to use some benedryl creme if it bothered me.


I completed Abraxane treatment number 3 yesterday.  My immune system was trashed before I did it, but they said it was OK to treat because I have next week off.  I feel like the chemo really hit me this week.  No particular issues, but just feeling like wiped out like I'm coming down with something.  I have to avoid large crowds and try not to get sick this week I guess.

I was unable to sleep tonight, and sometimes it gets rather lonely when you are up so late, when no one else is around.  I was listening to Pandora to drown out the snoring from the other side of the bed, and a really good song came on.  One I hadn't really actually listened to the lyrics to in the past.  Tonight, I heard them and it really reflected the way I feel about MBC sometimes.  I'm posting the video below.  The lyrics are pretty easy to understand in the song.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Disqus for Aymz Blog