About Me

My Photo
Initially diagnosed June 4, 2009 Invasive Ductal Carcinoma Stage II,Grade II tumor size: 2-3 cm node positive ER/PR postive HER2 Neu - negative Current Diagnosis: Metastatic Invasive Ductal Carcinoma Grade 3 Mets: Scalp/skin, Liver, Spine, Bone ER/PR + HER2/NEU -

Search This Blog

Sunday, August 2, 2009

Fatigue and Fainting

Yesterday, I stayed home with Katie while Jesse went to a concealed handgun license class at the church. I was considering going myself, but just didn't feel I could handle an entire day worth of it. I'm really glad I didn't end up going, as the class ended up lasting about 12 hours! By the time Jesse got home I was exhausted. I normally have no problem keeping up with Katie by myself for a day, but yesterday I really started going downhill around 5 pm. It seemed the more tired I got, the more wound up she became. The breaking point came when she wanted an ice cream from the ice cream truck, and I just didn't have the energy to get up and walk her across the street. She didn't understand and started crying.

After Jesse got home, we ate something, and she went to bed. We went outside on the front porch for a little bit to wind down and talk. When I got up to go in, I suddenly felt really dizzy and not right. I knew that I was about to fall, and I said enough to alert Jesse before passing out into his arms. I'm still not sure if it was due to the exhaustion, or was just one of the side effects of the many drugs I'm taking. The Taxol does have fainting and dizziness as a side effect. The Neurontin also has dizziness. I guess I'm going to have to be careful with that and make sure I don't stand up too quickly, especially after a long exhausting day!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Disqus for Aymz Blog