About Me

My Photo
Initially diagnosed June 4, 2009 Invasive Ductal Carcinoma Stage II,Grade II tumor size: 2-3 cm node positive ER/PR postive HER2 Neu - negative Current Diagnosis: Metastatic Invasive Ductal Carcinoma Grade 3 Mets: Scalp/skin, Liver, Spine, Bone ER/PR + HER2/NEU -

Search This Blog

Monday, August 3, 2009

MD Anderson Finally Cooperating

Jesse managed to get a hold of someone at MD Anderson today and we should have the reconstruction appointment on my schedule by the middle of the week. Talk about last minute... We are leaving Sunday morning. We have appointments starting at 7:40am on Monday morning. They are making me do another mammogram, even though it is useless. Why do they like to torture me? I guess I'll endure one more if I have to...

Thursday, when I go for my chemo appointment, I will be seeing the oncologist. I'm hoping she'll measure my tumor and let me know if it's shrinking. It feels like it has shrunk quite a bit! I'm hoping the chemo will clear my lymph nodes, so I won't have to have them removed. I've heard lymph node removal makes the surgery much worse. There is also the life time risk of lymphodema, which can cause your arm to swell up and stay swollen for months.

Today, I am feeling pretty good for a change. I managed to get some laundry done and straighten up around here. I'm really amazed how much easier things are with this Neurontin to eliminate all the neurological pain!

Wednesday is Jesse's last day at work. If ANYONE has any ideas or leads for him, please send him an email (or me) or give us a call. We will be ok for a few months possibly, but he really needs to find something soon. In case you aren't aware, his background is most Network Administration and Support.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Disqus for Aymz Blog