About Me

My Photo
Initially diagnosed June 4, 2009 Invasive Ductal Carcinoma Stage II,Grade II tumor size: 2-3 cm node positive ER/PR postive HER2 Neu - negative Current Diagnosis: Metastatic Invasive Ductal Carcinoma Grade 3 Mets: Scalp/skin, Liver, Spine, Bone ER/PR + HER2/NEU -

Search This Blog

Thursday, August 27, 2009

7 Down, 5 to Go!

Amy's Helpers website has been updated. They schedule a few of the chemo sessions fairly late and we may need help getting Katie from school on those days. Check here if you think you can help out: Amy's Helpers
Call me for details on where she will be after school and exact times, I didn't want to publish this for safety reasons.

I'm now on the downhill side of the Taxol. Just 5 left! I talked to the oncology nurse today regarding how they were measuring my tumor. She said that's just a way to make sure it hasn't grown. She agreed it was a fairly rough way to measure it and assured me that at the end of the twelve weeks they would have an MRI done to truly evaluate the effectiveness the Taxol had. If the tumor grew or didn't reduce at all, they may recommend I do surgery before anymore chemo is done, or they may recommend I continue. The call will have to be made after the effectiveness is evaluated. So, this changes my schedule a bit. I may need to go ahead and make a firm decision on surgery just in case.

I think I will call MD Anderson tomorrow or next day I'm feeling up to it and see if I can talk to the radiologist. I still need to find out if they think they can effectively screen me.

I also need to find out more information on the radiation machines. I called my brother who is an x-ray tech and he said that radiation was a different world, but said he'd see what he could find out. I may need to call the radiation oncologist I spoke with at MD Anderson and find out what the newer machines are called or what they do.

A little tired today after chemo, so I think I'm going to take it easy the rest of the day. One of the ladies from church is bringing us Kentucky Fried Chicken for dinner, so I won't have to cook. Yay! I'm so thankful for the women at our church!

My mom took me to her friend Cora's house yesterday, and I got my wig "halo" trimmed up. I added a magnetic strip to it and put one in a hat. It's much less itchy and hot, and so far it's holding well. Also, the hat will be less difficult to wear than if I had used velcro. The velcro tends to stick to my normal hair if I wear the hat without a hair piece in it. When I remove the hat it pulls out what little hair I have left!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Disqus for Aymz Blog