About Me

My Photo
Initially diagnosed June 4, 2009 Invasive Ductal Carcinoma Stage II,Grade II tumor size: 2-3 cm node positive ER/PR postive HER2 Neu - negative Current Diagnosis: Metastatic Invasive Ductal Carcinoma Grade 3 Mets: Scalp/skin, Liver, Spine, Bone ER/PR + HER2/NEU -

Search This Blog

Sunday, January 31, 2010

Surgery Tomorrow

Well, the surgery is tomorrow. I'm really scared and anxious. I read something last night about the axillary node dissection portion that makes me wonder if it's truly necessary at this point. I'm going to have to question the doctor in the morning and see if the benefits are worth the life time risks. My surgery is at 10am tomorrow at Harris Methodist downtown. Dr. Scot Blumendal will be performing it. I got a good impression of him from our consultation so I'm hoping all goes well. If all goes well, it will be an outpatient surgery. If there are any complications or extensive pain I may have to stay over night. I'm hoping to get out same day. Anyhow, my anxiety is driving me insane, so if you feel like calling to calm me down, feel free!

1 comments:

  1. You're probably just now under anesthesia. I'm wishing you well and that your surgery is successful in every way.

    ReplyDelete

Disqus for Aymz Blog