About Me

My Photo
Initially diagnosed June 4, 2009 Invasive Ductal Carcinoma Stage II,Grade II tumor size: 2-3 cm node positive ER/PR postive HER2 Neu - negative Current Diagnosis: Metastatic Invasive Ductal Carcinoma Grade 3 Mets: Scalp/skin, Liver, Spine, Bone ER/PR + HER2/NEU -

Search This Blog

Monday, January 4, 2010

Recovery From Six Months of Chemo

It is taking a bit longer to bounce back after this final treatment. I think the 6 months worth of chemo has worn me down. I haven't had any extreme symptoms this round, just fatigue, sore throat and a sluggish digestive system. Today is the first day I've tried to do much. I managed to throw dinner together last night (fresh fish the neighbor caught and brought us!) and I threw a load of laundry in for Katie who is dying to wear her new Christmas clothes to school(not an easy task after laying around for a week in bed!). I'm going to try to get to the ornaments off the tree today.

It's really quiet around here today, with Katie back in school and Jesse off trying to earn some cash. Jesse has been doing odd jobs as they come up. He is crawling around an attic somewhere over by TCU installing a speaker/sound system for someone today. I hope he stays warm!

I'd like to thank those who have been supportive during the 6 months of chemo I just completed. A special thanks to my chemo angels Pam and Kim who have sent me cards every week for months. I have an entire shelf full of their cards, gifts and inspiration. It has really brought back my faith in humanity to receive so much support from two wonderful women who were strangers before this started. Thank you for sharing your lives, praying for me and sending me the cards that helped keep me going!

I'd also like to thank Christine for calling to check on me, babysitting during doctors appointments and chemo treatments and just taking Katie out occasionally... I know this is hard on Katie with me being less active!

Thanks Jaclyn for being my backup whenever I needed one. I know you were there and willing whenever I asked(despite your crazy work schedule), and I greatly appreciate you!

Thanks to my Great Aunt Judy for her phone calls and recommendations. Just having someone who has been through this to talk to has been very helpful!

Thanks church and facebook friends for your support, comments and prayers, they have really been a help as well.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Disqus for Aymz Blog