About Me

My Photo
Initially diagnosed June 4, 2009 Invasive Ductal Carcinoma Stage II,Grade II tumor size: 2-3 cm node positive ER/PR postive HER2 Neu - negative Current Diagnosis: Metastatic Invasive Ductal Carcinoma Grade 3 Mets: Scalp/skin, Liver, Spine, Bone ER/PR + HER2/NEU -

Search This Blog

Saturday, June 6, 2009

Does the Phone Ever Stop Ringing?

Yesterday I spent the entire day on the phone. All of the offices that I have tests at were calling to set up appointment times and get me pre-registered. I also had to make a few calls to family to get information and ask for help with my daughter next week while I'm at all these appointments. I think I was on the phone more yesterday than I have been the entire time I've had the phone!

I'm trying to keep all these appointments straight on my online calendar. Next weeks tests shouldn't be too invasive, but I'm not looking forward to having to go to a different office almost every day next week.

I also need to decide this weekend where to get a second opinion to verify the diagnosis and treatment options. I've had several recommendations from multiple sources. The nurse at Cancer Resources recommended MD Anderson in Houston or any local university cancer center. I asked about Baylor and she said that would be a good one. Another friend recommended a surgeon she liked in Plano. I also spoke with my brother who works at a hospital and he asked around and gave me several recommendations. I'm not sure which recommendation to go with.

I've never had a problem in my life making decisions. Most of the time I just pick something and go with it. If I was wrong, I could always deal with the consequences later and usually find a way to fix it. But when you are making decisions that could possibly effect your life (or at the very least your quality of life), it suddenly becomes more difficult.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Disqus for Aymz Blog