About Me

My Photo
Initially diagnosed June 4, 2009 Invasive Ductal Carcinoma Stage II,Grade II tumor size: 2-3 cm node positive ER/PR postive HER2 Neu - negative Current Diagnosis: Metastatic Invasive Ductal Carcinoma Grade 3 Mets: Scalp/skin, Liver, Spine, Bone ER/PR + HER2/NEU -

Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Exhausted Today!

I think I had a rather insane, but productive day today.  I'm trying to make a point to get some of the things I need done each day.  At the very least, just one thing completed or started each day.  There are so many things I need to schedule and do to get things in place to be easier once I start chemo. Here is what I did today:

Got up at 5:30am, got ready and drove into the office in Dallas

Met with Benefits Counselor to Sign Up for 2014 Benefits

I had them put everything into Jesse's name with the exception of my life insurance policy to make things easier for him when the time comes.  I can't get regular life insurance with a cancer history and current terminal diagnosis other than the employer supplied free one... so I guess I'll have to work until my day comes or he gets no payout.  They also switched life insurance companies.  We were only 6 months in andthe other one required two years.  Trying to decide whether to take that one portable and get to the two year requirement and possibly risk losing if we can't make a payment one month or just go with the new one which will be automatically deducted from our check each month.  Need to also contact HR to get a list of what all is and isn't covered.  I want to make sure hospice care is covered in case I need it.

Put Out More Fires

Got back to my desk and put out a couple more fires and disconnected a couple of my monitors to take home so I could have to sets of dual screens to make working from home easier.

Loaded Up Monitors and Drove to Radiation Appointment

Radiation was quick and easy today.  In and out in 15-20 minutes.

Set Up More Permanent Work Area at Home

I hauled in both monitors.  Thank God they aren't as heavy as they used to be!  I dragged a table out of the garage and cleaned it up, then I brought it in and set it up.  I moved and set up all the equipment (2 laptops, two monitors, cisco IP phone, headset, keyboard and mouse).  Grabbed a kitchen chair to sit in.  

Worked a While Longer at my New Work Station

Took a few phone calls, fixed a few issues - Answered some questions from my teammates. 

Went and picked Katie up from school.

Came home, stayed working until the ticket queue was cleared at around 5:30pm

Collapsed on the couch exhausted!!!

It's going to take a while to get used to this new normal... geeez!


Post a Comment

Disqus for Aymz Blog