About Me

My Photo
Initially diagnosed June 4, 2009 Invasive Ductal Carcinoma Stage II,Grade II tumor size: 2-3 cm node positive ER/PR postive HER2 Neu - negative Current Diagnosis: Metastatic Invasive Ductal Carcinoma Grade 3 Mets: Scalp/skin, Liver, Spine, Bone ER/PR + HER2/NEU -

Search This Blog

Thursday, November 7, 2013

One Thing Each Day, Right?

Yesterday, I committed to complete, or start at least start, one thing each day.  Today, I contacted MD Anderson and spoke with another nurse in the Breast Center to clarify a few questions I had regarding the excisional biopsy (complete removal) of the mass above my right ear.  This is the one they are wanting for research to help me or maybe someone else in the future. 

They are planning to do gene testing on it and get more information about it. They were unable to schedule it down at MD Anderson on the day after the cruise, so they suggested I get a local surgeon to do it.  I really do not have a local surgeon I'm crazy about here in town though.  The one who did my initial breast surgery was a one time thing and I haven't seen him since the final follow up when the drain was removed.
I called Dr. Serralta's office yesterday and spoke with them and they had a few questions regarding margins etc. So I contacted a nurse over at the MD Anderson Breast Center and got the answers they needed.  I contacted Dr. Serralta's office and they scheduled me an appointment for Friday Nov 22nd. I also emailed over copies of my MD Anderson records so that she will have time to get caught up on what is going on and understand better what she would be dealing with.
Dr. Serralta is an awesome dermatologist and has done other small removals of things in the skin layer for me in the past.  I really like her way of doing things.  She uses just a local and the healing is quick.  In case I haven't mentioned it, I'm no big fan of anesthesia of any kind, even the light anesthesia they refer to as "twilight" anesthesia.  I have never had much pain during the procedures she has performed and can get in and out of the office in a couple of hours.  I have always been able to drive myself home immediately afterwards. I have Becky to thank for introducing me to her.  She was a doctor that Melissa used when she was going through her Melanoma treatment.
I'm glad to see the tumor on my scalp go, honestly.  It's getting rather big and I've started bumping it with my hands when I push my hair back behind my ear and with my sunglasses when I forget about it.  I hope they don't have to shave too much hair, though.  Even if they do, as long as I don't put my hair behind my ear, I guess it would never be noticed.  Got my one "thing" done today and  I'm staying accountable to my goal.


Post a Comment

Disqus for Aymz Blog