About Me

My Photo
Initially diagnosed June 4, 2009 Invasive Ductal Carcinoma Stage II,Grade II tumor size: 2-3 cm node positive ER/PR postive HER2 Neu - negative Current Diagnosis: Metastatic Invasive Ductal Carcinoma Grade 3 Mets: Scalp/skin, Liver, Spine, Bone ER/PR + HER2/NEU -

Search This Blog

Friday, November 8, 2013

Today's Thing

Today, I emailed my local oncologist's office to follow up and see if they had called scheduling to schedule my chemo port installation.  I did not receive a reply, but I made an effort.  I also went in for my 5th radiation treatment today.  
Five radiation treatments down, and five to go.  I will do three of them next week (Mon-Wed), go on the cruise (Thurs-Mon) and pick the other two probably Tues and Wednesday.  Radiation oncologist said this short break will cause no ill effects and the bone pain should be pretty much fixed after the 4th or 5th treatment.  I'm definitely not in near as much pain as I was a week ago.


I'm really looking forward to this upcoming cruise.  I've always wanted to go on one and never really had the extra cash to do it.  We are so lucky to have such great friends to do this for us! A big thanks to Randy and Chris for making it happen!  I have been watching some videos on youtube.com to get an idea of what the ship is like and watching other people's experiences.  I was looking around on the carnival website today to read about the activities, dining, and fun available.  This is just what we needed right before diving head first into the cancer crap!  I'll be sure to take tons of pictures and post them when I get back.  We'll be cruising to Passion Island in Cozumel. on the Carnival Triumph.  (Yes, it is the boat that had the fire, but it's been completely remodeled and is most likely the safest boat to be on due to the recent remodel and rennovations to prevent such a catastrophe from occurring again... including redundancy in the area of power generators!  I did my research.. lol)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Disqus for Aymz Blog