About Me

My Photo
Initially diagnosed June 4, 2009 Invasive Ductal Carcinoma Stage II,Grade II tumor size: 2-3 cm node positive ER/PR postive HER2 Neu - negative Current Diagnosis: Metastatic Invasive Ductal Carcinoma Grade 3 Mets: Scalp/skin, Liver, Spine, Bone ER/PR + HER2/NEU -

Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Getting Ready to Go Down to MD Anderson

Guess I'll be heading down to MD Anderson tomorrow after work.  Have a full day of scans and lab tests on Friday.

Just received a call from the person over the trial and she is going to get pre-approval with my insurance, so that if I qualify after all these tests they can give me the info I need on what my portion will be.

Just called the oncologists nurse at MDA to see about getting started on the Lupron down there (to shut down ovaries so I can take the femera) and waiting on a return call.  Hoping to squeeze it in sometime that day I'm down there.  She was in a meeting and should be calling me back.

Also made a call to the social worker to see if she can find me a facility locally willing to do the routine stuff in the future here locally.  Left a voicemail and should be getting a return call.

Anyhow, wish me luck.  I'm going down alone it appears, but I know you'll all be with me in spirit!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Disqus for Aymz Blog