About Me

My Photo
Initially diagnosed June 4, 2009 Invasive Ductal Carcinoma Stage II,Grade II tumor size: 2-3 cm node positive ER/PR postive HER2 Neu - negative Current Diagnosis: Metastatic Invasive Ductal Carcinoma Grade 3 Mets: Scalp/skin, Liver, Spine, Bone ER/PR + HER2/NEU -

Search This Blog

Friday, February 14, 2014

Info on the Vaccine Trial

Info on the trial they are asking me to participate in is located here:

http://utm-ext01a.mdacc.tmc.edu/dept/prot/clinicaltrialswp.nsf/Index/2012-0408




If any of you reading this are veteran MBC patients who have participated in trials before, please feel free to comment with any advise regarding what all I should ask about prior to starting it.  They are asking me to drop off the Xeloda for 6 weeks (which is currently working) and start on Zolodex to shut down my ovaries so I can use Femara (I'm pre menopausal and tamoxifen did not work for me).  I have no issues with shutting down my ovaries.  Just curious if anyone has read anything good about the phase 1 on this one and if it's worth my while.  It will require that I do all my scans and go down for initial weekly visits the first month and then every month (at the least) to MD Anderson (4 1/2 hours away).

If you are one of the people who regularly read my blog, I'll explain it in more layman terms when I get back in town on Monday.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Disqus for Aymz Blog