About Me

My Photo
Initially diagnosed June 4, 2009 Invasive Ductal Carcinoma Stage II,Grade II tumor size: 2-3 cm node positive ER/PR postive HER2 Neu - negative Current Diagnosis: Metastatic Invasive Ductal Carcinoma Grade 3 Mets: Scalp/skin, Liver, Spine, Bone ER/PR + HER2/NEU -

Search This Blog

Thursday, July 16, 2009

First Chemo Went Well


First of 12 chemo treatments today with Taxol. The needle wasn't near as intimidating as it was online. The lidocaine local anesthetic worked great, too. I never felt a thing. It hooked right in and even with me getting up twice to use the restroom and all the bag changes, it never had to be reconnected.

Although the process is a bit time cosuming, they give you comfortable recliners, blankets, pillows and free food and drinks. They gave me additional meds along with my taxol to prevent nausea, allergic reactions and acid reflux.

On another note, when I got home I received the most thoughtful gift. A friend my mom just recently came back into contact with, who I haven't seen since I was a very l ittle girl, sent me a beautifully wrapped purple gift. It was waiting outside when I came back after chemo and moved me so much it drove me to tears. She had included a lot of comfort items such as a soft pink terry bathrobe, soft white slippers, and another wig that I really like! There was also a candle and two frames. One of them included a really good poem. Thank you so much Cora! You made my day!

1 comments:

  1. Just think one down. I am so glad everything went well.
    Misty

    ReplyDelete

Disqus for Aymz Blog